Sunday, January 11, 2009

Treasure Chest

My Dad found a treasure chest recently. The items in it are more precious then gold and a lot more fun to look at. When we were young he would take hundreds of pictures with his camera and develop them all on slides. The slides have gone missing for decades. Some were ruined in the flood my parents had in the early 90's, but some were saved. I have to share a few. These are a few of my favorites. To see more pictures you can go to my sister's blog- Nancy Taylor, she made a slide show.

Here is a picture of my brother and three sisters. I am the little one with the lifejacket. I was always afraid I was going to fall off that houseboat and be lost at sea. We spent every summer at Lake Powell. This is a picture of my Dad's birthday party. I believe this was the year he broke his big toe and 2 ribs. Duck tape fixed them both.


Yep here is the kitchen. It is amazing how the chair camouflages right into that groovy wallpaper. This is the whole family again, it must have been Suzy's birthday. Does it concern anyone else that I am the little 5 year old in the middle and yet it seems that I still sit in a high chair? It's ok. I imagine it was difficult to find another one of those matching chairs.


This is my sister Joey and I just before a big "star's" performance. We took dance over in Provo with the STARS. We were awesome at splits and drill downs. I have the ribbons to prove it --somewhere.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

how fun. I love the one of you in your dance costume! Just look at your skinny legs!!!

Jenny said...

Jene - I love your blog! These recent pictures are how I remember you! Send me your email address and I'll send you an invite to my blog - pettibone@digis.net
Jenny

A Musing Mother said...

You are a very clever comentator. By the way, no way are you more than four. Our dad had no idea what memories he would bring back for us 30 years later.

Blogging to Blog said...

You hit a gold mine with those pictures! I love to see old pictures of people. Awesome!

A Musing Mother said...

Where's our mother? Oh, there she is, behind that colorful apron that blends in with the wallpaper and vinyl chairs.