Sunday, December 28, 2008

About 99.9 percent of the time

Ode to Chad-
He is amazing. He built the entire basement with his own two hands. His ideas work about 99% of the time. Just when I think-- he can never do that!! He does it. Even his bad ideas are 100 times better then my good ideas. But here are a few ideas that have made us chuckle in the last week.
The drywallers forgot to cut out one of our boxes for the smoke detector so he asked my brother in law, Tyler to come over and help him find the box and cut it out. They found the box and started poking around in the ceiling to figure out where to start cutting. Tyler got out his saw to start cutting and Chad whipped out the shop vac to "catch" all the falling debris. Debris is flying everywhere and there Chad stands with is 1/2 inch vacuum hose. I am sure the shop vac did the trick.




Later that night we were installing a T.V. above the fireplace when we heard a spacer (a small piece of wood) fall on the back of the fireplace. Of course we are worried that the wood would heat up and start a fire so we where thinking of ways to get the spacer off of the fireplace. Of course we only had a 2 inch window to peek through and we could not see anything. I suggested we try and knock it off with something "bendy" like a small pvc pipe. Chad threaded the pvc pipe through the hole and started poking around. As he turned to move something he dropped the pvc pipe back behind the fireplace. Great! Now we have two things that are lost behind the fireplace. He decided put the camera through the hole and take a picture. We SECURED it onto his wrist and took a few pictures. After tying yet another fishing tool to his wrist he was able to knock both the pvc pipe and the spacer clear from the fireplace. We were laughing pretty hard but the time it was all said and done.




If you look closely you can see the pvc pipe along the back wall and the wood spacer. Both a safe distance from the fireplace. See all the uses for a digital camera. Who knew?

3 comments:

Rebecca Foster said...

Ingenious!

btw, I am coming home for a 3 week visit in Jan. Maybe I can stop by and say hi? I'll be staying at my moms. I'll call ya when I am home.

TR said...

ummmmm, I'm not sure which one of you two gals took that photo of me, but I DO NOT appreciate it! :)

Rod and Kandace said...

Love the new basement pictures. You guys did a great job. Those stories cracked me up. The bedrooms are adorable. My favorite...has to be the grape juice all over the kitchen. I could totally see that happening to me...I am a clutz! Now we need to get together for dinner or something! Email me your email address so I can invite you to my BORING blog!