Monday, September 7, 2009

Red Rock Relay


12 women, 8000 feet decend, alot of running, some inappropiate jokes, to much drive time, some blood, a few tears, and A lot of great memories. Here are some pictures to prove I was there

In the car on the way down to Brianhead. We didn't know what we were in for. Good thing!!



This is were my first leg started. 6.75 miles on trail, unassisted by the van at 10,000 feet. It was awesome. I called Chad while I was climbing one of my hills. "Whatcha doin?" -Guess what I am doin'

.
Here comes Jenny down the moutain to hand of the baton "slap bracelet"
Slap and go!! I bought my jacket at a yard sale last Saturday so I could ditch it in the bushes. So if you are skiing at Brianhead and see a black jacet with "teal" strips. (That's right teal stripes) It is yours. Take it. It is free!!

The one big lesson I learned from this race is that I can do hard things. A year ago I would have ever believed that I would be part of a team that would do a race like this...... but I did.

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

You are so dang funny. You make me laugh. Congrats on your race! You rock!!!

Stephanie said...

that's awesome!!! : )

Rebecca Foster said...

You are amazing! I'm so proud of you. I love the person you were when you were 16, and I love it at 36. That's how are awesome you are!